Hi there, fellow PR/brand representative! I truly enjoy working and developing mutually beneficial partnerships with brands I love. If you’re new around here, I’ll fill you in on what the Monica Wants It brand is all about. If you want to see my best stuff, click on the posts featured in the right sidebar area.
- My passion and favorite hobby in the world is home decor/interior design. My blog’s main purpose is to provide people with ideas, solutions, tutorials and inspiration to make their dream home a reality.
- The subjects I blog about most often are home decor, design trends, room makeovers, and DIY weekend warrior posts designed to motivate the masses to ditch boring builder grade and create upscale looks on a cheap budget.
- In addition to being passionate about home decor, crafts and interiors, I also occasionally blog about pets (I have a 12 year old dog named Pee Wee…he’s my life!), entertaining (Monica loves a good party!), and food/cocktail recipes.
You may also want to know a little about me, Monica. That’s great! (There’s more info here, too!)
- I’m a 32 year old proud Latina blogger, and I live in South Texas with my husband Daniel and our dog Pee Wee. I love margaritas, cheeseburgers and pizza. I hate kale, true story.
- I have a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin. I majored in journalism, and I love writing. I also am an advocate for the Oxford comma even if it’s not kosher with AP style. #rebel
- I don’t have children, and I’m not planning on having one anytime soon.
- I wish NSYNC would get back together, and I often wonder why Britney Spears chooses to be only in Vegas instead of touring. #makeithappen
- This blog was created in May 2009 as a way to chronicle the many things I wanted to buy after I got married on the 23rd. It just kept going, and I’m proud to be in my 8th year of blogging. I truly love this blog!
- My day job is in marketing/public relations for a community college, so I totally get where you’re coming from. I’m one of you! Fist pump.
- My social media marketing and graphic design work has earned me both regional and national awards from the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations in both 2014 and 2015.
- I dream of writing a book about home decor one day, and I hope to get that idea off the ground soon.
Which brands have I worked with? I am truly honored when a brand wants to work with me which is why I take collaborations and partnerships very seriously, and I am a hard worker. The amount of time I put into styling, photographing, writing, editing and promoting my posts is indicative of how much I value opportunities that come my way. I’ve had the privilege of working with lots of brands I love such as:
- Better Homes & Gardens Live Better Network
- True Value
- Sauder Furniture
- MARS / M&M’s
- Quaker Oats
- Home Depot
- General Finishes
- Sherwin-Williams Latino
- Big Lots
If you’re interested in pitching me an idea, product, giveaway, partnership or collaboration, I’m all ears! However, I will say these few things in advance:
- I do not blog for free coupons.
- I will not blog about your company for the chance of being featured on your social media sites/blog/website.
- I do not have children.
- I’m not interested in do-follow link schemes because I’m petrified of the Google mafia.
- You can usually peak my interest if you’re pitching something home decor, crafts, interior design related.
- E-Mail: [email protected]
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/MonicaBenavidez
- Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MonicaWantsIt
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/MonicaBenavidez/