You’ll notice a trend in my dessert creations—chocolate and coffee. The two pair well together and it always tastes like a gourmet creation from a fancy bistro, right?
Desserts that come together without any baking or fancy ingredients are always my go to, and today’s Dark Chocolate Coffee Popsicles are easy to make with just THREE ingredients.
I do love baking, but I also love using common ingredients to make tasty delights. I think desserts that are cold are a hit beginning in the month of May—with Mother’s Day BBQ’s, Memorial Day grilling and weekends spent on the patio comes the need to stay cool in the heat.
I really love these popsicles for Mother’s Day because my mom loves coffee and chocolate, as most moms probably do. I think my mom would think these popsicles are heaven on a stick! Here are the three ingredients you’ll need for today’s recipe:
Nestle Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters, Nestle La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk and Nescafe Clasico when mixed together create a sweet and chocolaty popsicle. I want to use condensed milk in my coffee from here on out—look at how beautiful and creamy it looks. It’s also very sweet, so feel free to add more or less sweetened condensed milk depending on your taste.
I’ll walk you through the simple steps below.
Dark Chocolate Coffee Popsicles
Take the concept of iced coffee to new heights by adding in chopped Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters to create a creamy popsicle perfect for hot summer days.
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) of La Lechera Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 ¼ teaspoon of Nescafe Clasico coffee
- 10 ounces of water
- 2 bags of Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters
- Popsicle Molds (one that makes 4)
- HEAT the 10 ounces of water in a microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
- MIX the Nescafe Clasico coffee into the hot water.
- ADD in the 6 ounces of sweetened condensed milk into the coffee mixture and stir until creamy in color.
- CHOP the Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters into bite size pieces until you have a crumby texture.
- MIX the candy pieces into the coffee.
- POUR the candy and coffee mixture into the popsicle molds.
- FREEZE for at least 8 hours—sweetened condensed milk mixtures tend to take longer to freeze.
- REMOVE popsicles from the mold by running warm water over the mold for 30 seconds and pulling the handle upwards to remove the popsicle.
The Skinny Cow Dreamy Cluster pieces melt into the coffee mixture, so you have a hint of chocolate in every bite, but you’ll really enjoy lots of chocolate at the top of the popsicle since some of the larger chunks will sink down while freezing—it’s so tasty!
To view more recipe ideas, visit Nestle’s ElMejorNido.com.
I am a member of the Nestlé El Mejor Nido and help spread the word about Nestlé El Mejor Nido. As a team member, I receive product and incentives in exchange for participating in Nestlé El Mejor Nido brand related activities and spreading the word about their products.